A couple of balance changes and fixes to start the year for Battle Brothers.
A recent driver update from Nvidia introduced performance issues for some players. Disabling the 'Hardware Cursor' option in the game's options menu apparently solves this problem for now.
If you have a modded game and you encounter issues, update or remove your mods. Seriously.
If you still encounter issues, please report them here following the instructions in the sticky post.
Changelog for 188.8.131.52
- Changed 'Lindwurm Scale Cloak' attachment to add 60 durability at a penalty of -3 to Maximum Fatigue.
- Changed 'Horn Plate' attachment to also add 30 durability.
- Changed 'Bone Plating' attachment to have a penalty of -2 to Maximum Fatigue.
- Changed 'Additional Fur Padding' attachment to have a penalty of -2 to Maximum Fatigue.
- Changed 'Unhold Fur Cloak' attachment to also add 10 durability.
- Changed fatigue cost of 'Disarm' skill to 30, up from 25, and penalty to hit chance to -20%, down from -15%. Mastery now cuts in half the penalty to hit chance to -10%.
- Changed orcs to have particularly powerful hand-to-hand attacks to make them less useless (but still significantly weakened) while temporarily disarmed using whips.
- Changed amount of medical supplies dropped as loot in the later parts of campaigns to be a bit lower.
- Changed main menu background to get randomly picked from different artworks of the game.
- Changed default configuration (used when first starting the game or resetting your configuration) to disable the hardware cursor option, as a recent Nvidia driver update introduced performance issues for some players. Not using a hardware cursor will add some mouse lag, but the hardware cursor option can easily be activated in the game's options menu if it runs fine for you or Nvidia fixes the issue in the future.
- Fixed 'Lunge' skill not properly taking into account the effect of the 'Relentless' perk.
- Fixed players being unable to retreat from battle in 'Rebuilding Effort' contract without being sucked right into combat again.
- Fixed 'Hunting Lindwurms' contract not being offered at steppe settlements like it should.
- Fixed human opponents that have been taunted sometimes unnecessarily attacking single targets with area of effect attacks.
- Fixed some other minor issues and typos.